Saturday, September 12, 2009

Visting Teaching Idea for September


Visiting Teaching can be one of those things that we know we're supposed to do every month, and somehow it slips our mind and all we can do, if anything, is send a card. It's been a goal of mine to be more involved, and get mine done early in the month. My companion and I, and the two active sisters that we visit have set up that on the second Tuesday of every month between 11:00 and 12:00 we visit. That way it's already on the calendar and there's no missing it :) Since General Conference is in a few weeks, before our next visit, I put together a "Conference Kit". Things like paper, pens, highlighters, candy, juice, popcorn, and tissues (for those talks that really get you). Conference doesn't start until 12:00 here on the east coast, so the usual breakfast things would be cute if that applies to you. The point is...go do you Visiting Teaching this month! When you do yours, it reminds and encourages the sisters that you teach to do theirs too! I think I'll start posting what I'm doing to help you remember too :)