Saturday, September 5, 2009

a finished work in progress;

So, I got a really good head start on Skylee's quiet book a couple weeks ago, and made little progress in the weeks in between then and now. This week I decided I needed to finish it, at least enough for her to use it. I'll add pages when time permits, and even some of the pages in it now aren't completely finished...BUT a two or three year old doesn't care right? It took a lot of work, and I'm pleased with how it came out on my slim budget. I got creative with things I already had, used lots and lots of FELT and HOT GLUE!!! Took a lot of time, I hope it last a long time :) It didn't turn out like I had imagined it would, but it's good enough! I only added the oven/cupcake pages since I first posted about it, and the cover, but here's the "finished-enough" product:





^Oven/cupcake page: not finished

^Empty page for a reminder I need to finish :)

^The End

6 comments:

The georgia peach said...

so cute your so creative.

Holli said...

So crafty miss martha!!! Skylee and Parker are so stinkin cute...why do we have to live across the country from each other dangit!!!

Sophia said...

That turned out DARLING!
love it

Sew Much Ado said...

What a cute quiet book! I've been wanting to make one forever, but have been too lazy... I love your's, it's adorable!

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Sooo cute Brittney! I am way impressed! Lucky Skylee Bug!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh this is so cute! Kent saw this and told me I have to make Juliana one!! I totally agree! ANy tips? did you follow instructions or make it from your own creative brain?! I love it!