Sunday, September 27, 2009

Enrichment Night:

"This Little Piggy..."

I pulled off our ward's Enrichment last night...lots of challenges come up last minute with these things, but everything seemed to turn out pretty well. Here is what we did (sorry no pics, I was a little busy!)

5 mini classes (turned out to be 4 since one teacher got sick the day of)

"...went to market"- class on smart money saving ideas (Relief Society room)

"...stayed home"- class on things you can easily make at home rather than spend money to buy (Primary room)

"...ate roast beef"- quick and easy recipe ideas/ food samples (Cultural hall section)

"...had none"- class on what to do when you have "none" as in when an emergency happens what to do: where to go... (this is the class that fell through, so we had no "had none" class, guess it still made sense!)

"...went wee wee wee all the way home"- a spiritual lesson on returning home to our Father in Heaven. (back "home" in Relief Society room)

*The sisters received a "market bag" in the first class and each class had a handout of tips, or reminders from what each class was on.
*We printed and cut out pig hoofs and taped them to the floor to show the path to follow to the next class.
*A dinner of pulled pork sandwiches was prepared and the sisters were asked to bring other side dishes.

We had great teachers, they were all so talented! I've seen similar ideas, and our evolved as we planned it, but I'm pleased with the result. Of course some of the classes were just how I imagined, and others were a little different, but I think that's just the nature of my calling. Got some good feedback again, and had a good turnout (maybe my piggy pops worked?)



7 comments:

The Osborne Family said...

That's really neat! I'd love to go to an activity like that.

Unknown said...

okay i love this idea! where do you get these things? So so cute!!

Shauna said...

You are so clever! Sounds like it was lots of fun!

Tera said...

That is such a good idea. I'm going to pass it along to our ward Enrichment committee.

Laynie said...

That is such a great idea! I'm Enrichment leader in my ward...I may have to use that idea, I hope you don't mind!

Kathryn Skaggs said...

Very clever!

Sew Much Ado said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so flattered! I was just going to comment on how fabulous your whole Piggy enrichment was, especially the cake pops, and then I scrolled down and saw that you linked to me from my comment about your quiet book. It's funny, I think everyone always thinks other people's crafts are better than their own. I know I do. Thanks for the link!