Sunday, September 13, 2009

Date Night

Date nights around here only happen like twice a year, so it's pretty exciting! We hadn't planned on going out but a good friend offered to take the kids for us! It was a last minute thing, but we had a great time. We went to dinner at Applebees (exciting right! It's about all this little town has to offer) and got our dessert "to-go". We took it to the Saint Mary's waterfront where we went for a walk and sat in the swings looking out into the bay and ate our dessert. It's amazing that we live together and still don't really get a chance to talk about things other than kids, job, and callings.
Funny little story...At dinner I ordered a strawberry lemonade, Ryan usually steals mine and I constantly need refills. So the waitress brought me another one, I take a drink and realize it's not the strawberry lemonade I had ordered. After I told our waitress,she came back and asks if I was 21...you guessed it, it was "Southern Punch" as they call it, an alcoholic beverage...tasted like cough syrup. We thought it was pretty funny, Ryan joked that I should have drank the whole thing and said I was under age just to scare them.
Thank you Leisel and Randy for taking our little punks for a while! It's amazing the things I learned about my own husband. We need more date nights!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

they are a must!!! I agree full heartily with that.

Ashley Dudley said...

aw cute, don't we all need more date nights!