Saturday, September 19, 2009

Piggy Pops!

I made these little beauties today to bring to church as a reminder for our Enrichment Night this next Saturday. Hopefully they work! If you don't know what cake pops are, they are like cake lollipops, there is cake in the middle of those little pigs. I used the Starbursts for the ears (thanks Michelle for the suggestion, total life saver!) and pink m&m's for the snout, colored pink dipping chocolate and strawberry cake on the inside :) Our theme is "This Little Piggy" as in "This little piggy went to the market, this little piggy stayed home..." Next week I'll share how it went and other details! Wish me luck!

P.S. To check out the real master and creator of cake pops click here Bakerella has a million variations of these things, not pigs yet though!

13 comments:

Jamie said...

awesome job! you should send bakerella this picture and i am sure she would feature it on her blog. she does that every once in a while!

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

I am so excited to learn about these little cake lollipops! They are so cute and so many different ways of doing them! Your ward is so lucky to have you for their enrichment leader! These little pigs are so cute!

Kayla said...

you did an awesome job!!! I've made some of them before and they take sooo long but are worth it in the end!

Josh and Britt said...

Those are soo cute, I have never seen anything like those before. Too cute!

Shauna said...

so cute! I love bakerella! i think she'd be proud! i keep telling myself to attempt the cake bites/pops...but i have yet to do so.

Rion said...

I'm looking forward to people heads for Halloween.

Unknown said...

Heeeey I am making cake pops for my lesson next week!!! But I was just gonna do the cup cake ones. Who are you anyways...little miss crafty/baker/super mama!

Kathryn Skaggs said...

Totally cute. I've never seen such a thing:-)

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

The look fantastic!! Great job Brit!

Troy & Allison said...

Brit...you are so adorable and talented! I love the little piggys - think I steal that one from you and your refinish project turned out GREAT! I also stole a couple of ideas from your quiet book...hope you don't mind. I need your address to send you your "Fab 5" prize! Just email me at alleybabe8@hotmail.com. Keep on crafting and creating - you do an amazing job!!! I can barely keep up on my blog! lol!!

Mindy said...

These are so cute! I'm amazed at the time you put into Enrichment. You do such a great job.

Cardon & Whitney said...

you are so talented!! Those are sooo cute. I wish you were my enrichment leader!!! I've been nervous about trying to make the cake pops but I think I'm going to be brave and just do it.

Unknown said...

So cute. They look so yummy. So how do you get the cake to be shaped like a ball? Do you have a tin or do you just cut it and form it with your hands?...sorry if that is a lameo question. Just curious!