Monday, September 7, 2009

I was thinking today...

Sometimes when you look at blogs of your friends, and they post about all the great things they're doing with their spouse or kids...doesn't it make it seem like everything in their life is PEACHY? I catch myself wondering what could be improved in their lives, when everything looks perfect? I can't help but compare my life to the life I see on the screen. Posts about how great/cute/sweet their kids are, fun activities, vacations, wonderful perfect husbands... the list could go on and on. I realized that I'm totally guilty! I'm sure there have been people that come on to my blog and thought that everything is totally PERFECT. I've got things pretty darn good here, but I'm human. I have my bad days, days when I am impatient, irritated, and things I do that I wish I could take back. I just don't blog about them. Blogging for me is somewhat of a journaling experience, so I like to put all our comings and goings here, for the record. I totally understand why most don't blog about their ugly days, or an argument with a spouse....those things are private, and you probably don't want to sound like your complaining or want pity!
For the record, don't try and compare your life to mine, the life you see on this blog. I am so blessed, but we are not perfect...obviously :)

6 comments:

Jamie said...

i know EXACTLY what you mean brittney! i am the same way. i often hope people do look at my blog and think everything is perfect. it isn't! i just choose not to focus on or blog about those imperfections. sometimes i might let out a little frustrations, i guess, i just try to keep it to a minimum!

Ashley Dudley said...

I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who feels like a wreck some days (and I don't even have a kid yet!)

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

Really good observation Brittney!

Sophia said...

I like this post. Sometimes the blog world makes me think every ones life is perfect.... but you know that they are not. I like to write about good days but I don't hold back writing about the bad ones either. I think we are always trying to be more positive as women and see the bright side of things and that is what shows up more on blogs.
Horay for imperfection though!

Unknown said...

what are you talking about?! Our lives ARE perfect (if I think it...it'll come true right?!?!) haha

Unknown said...

I so love you for posting this. I TOTALLY do this and its nice to know I'm not the only one.