Thursday, April 15, 2010

Our little Turtle Friend

that's a spinach leave to give you an idea of scale (He's super small)

Here in Southeast Georgia, there are lots of crazy creatures that come right up to our house on a pretty regular basis. In the last year we've encountered snakes(even inside!), crab, scorpions, and turtles to name a few. This little one we've named "Tuck", we found right outside our front door last night as Ryan was leaving for a meeting. He's SO small, we just had to take him inside! After doing some online research (don't you just love the internet?!) I think it's (can't tell the gender yet) a yellow-bellied-slider. We're really not sure what to do with this little guy...let him go, or keep him for a pet? I think this turtle will out grow our home, and I have no idea what to do with a large turtle??? Not sure if I'm up for that :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWWWWW that is the cutest thing I have ever seen! :-) so cute!