Friday, April 16, 2010

Easter with the Allens



The week before Easter we took Skylee to an egg hunt on base. There were lots of other little kids, and although we did our best to explain to her what to do, once she was out there on her own she froze. She managed to get 4 eggs, but that wasn't satisfactory to her, she was very upset. I would say "You did a great job honey!" and her reply every time with tears in her eyes was "No, I didn't", broke my heart! She did have fun though, we just told her it was practice for when the Easter Bunny was going to come to our house :)
Skylee wasn't too sure about this Easter Bunny. I think he looks pretty scary too though!
Skylee was so excited to color eggs, and did a great job!

This is the only non-screaming picture of Parker from that night. He was miserable from being tired and teething. Needless to say, I put him straight to bed after this shot. He'll help us out next year :)
Skylee waking up to the basket the Easter Bunny left
I made these hooded towels to throw into the kids baskets, seriously only took a couple minutes. Not too bad for never making one, and going off of memory from what I've seen I guess?
^Ryan's Easter basket included his favorite candies and a bird feeder (He had been wanting one)

The Easter Egg Hunt was on!
Parker just playing with his favorite item in his basket, a red shiny ball :)
General Conference doesn't start here until 12, then at 4pm so we go to enjoy the morning hunting, playing and eating crepes. After Conference (which I just loved) we enjoyed dinner with friends and neighbors. We had a great Easter :) Hope your Easter Sunday was just as wonderful!

No comments: