Friday, April 16, 2010

Parker's 1st B-day!

The Birthday Boy!





Words cannot express how much happiness Parker has brought to our families lives this past year. He is the sweetest little guy, and I love being his mommy :)

Parker facts:
*Has 4 top teeth,2 on the bottom- grinds them on occasion :/
*Loves his walker, and he's pretty talented in it!
*Laughs at most anything Skylee does
*Enjoys driving in the car
*Has had 3 little haircuts, and needs another!
*Is a good dancer
*Says "Dada" for just about everything
*He's finally eating solid foods, and likes most things except fruit
*Recently started "cruising" (walking along furniture)
*Splashes like a crazy man in the bath and loves throwing ALL the toys out
*In addition to the last, I loves taking things out of drawers/baskets...
*Gets a kick out of banging things together or throwing things
*Loves being outside
*Doesn't have much patience when it comes to reading books, but we're working on it :)
*Still a major Mama's Boy!
*Learning how to use his teeth, sometimes on Skylee's leg
*Uses his walker as if he were on a skateboard. He'll gain momentum then hold his feet up to glide across the tile.
*Loves making us laugh
*Doesn't like to be inconvenienced: getting dressed, getting his diaper changed...
*Seems to really like "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse"
*Likes to brush his teeth
*Has decided to skip crawling, working hard on walking
*Has a slight under-bite
*So SWEET

Things I made for the party:
This B-day banner I covered with coordinating scrapbook paper (not the best pics)

made these pom poms since I slacked on balloons
Made this cupcake stand out of formula canisters, cardboard, ribbon, hot glue, and buttons

Parker's personal cake

Party time:


Didn't do too well taking pics of the actual party, but we had fun. When I get a chance I'll upload the video of him eating his cake :)

Happy Birthday Baby P. We love you sooooooo much!

4 comments:

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

You are so creative! I love all the coordinating birthday stuff....who would have thought to cover those letters with scrapbook paper! I am going to remember that! (at least I will give my girls the idea when they have bdays for their little ones! Haha) That Parker is one cute kid! I can't believe he has had 3 haircuts!

Kathryn Skaggs said...

Happy Birthday Parker Man! Oh how I love that little guy -- and what fun this Nana had spending time with him last week:)

Hugs to you all!
Mom

Mindy said...

Parker is so stinkin' cute! The decorations are amazing. I love the cake stand. Looks like a good time!

Holli said...

First of all I love this boy...second of all OMG all his party gear looks like it jumped out of the pages of Better Homes and Gardens..AMAZING I tell you!!! Are you guys going to be gracing the west coast at all this summer???