Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like EASTER!

I realized that I had next to NO Easter decorations for our little home. Last year I practically skipped the holiday since I had just delivered Parker days before, I don't think I really cared or noticed :) Plus, it's been this past year that I've tried to develop my crafting skills. I call myself a "wannabe"...but this is what I came up with on my small budget :)

^ This isn't much, but it adds a burst of "spring"

^For the kitchen table I used spanish moss (from off a tree outside) for the "nest", plastic eggs, flowers,birds and placemats from the dollar store, and the "E" I had on had from Skylee's old room decor (already painted pink too!)


I made this little Easter Tree from branches I spray painted, a cheap bag of plastic eggs, ribbon, then ties these babies on. Skylee loved helping with this one :) You could also paint the egss, but I just don't have the time this year for that, not yet at least (I'm blogging instead!)

I
I'm not a huge fan of fake flowers, BUT this is what I had on hand, combine with some of those little eggs again, in a glass vase/container.

3 comments:

The georgia peach said...

so cute. your really creative.

Troy & Allison said...

Okay...I believe you've pulled yourself out of the "wannabe" league and into the creative!! I love your ideas!! I LOVE the table and chairs and sweet finding them already built...what kind of paint did you end up using? And the pics of your kiddos at the park are beautiful!!

Kathryn Skaggs said...

Love it! And I bet the kids do, too:)