Monday, March 9, 2009

(Skylee with her "babies" watching Aladdin on my bed, wearing my shirt, looking like a mess...totally in the zone!)

This week Skylee changed the way she says certain things that I loved! I miss her saying "Amen" instead of "The End" at the end of books. She's always done that, and just this week she's over it! I'm so sad! Also, she said "Moomie" instead of "Movie"...corrected that too. "Sleeping Bleauty" is now "Sleeping Beauty". I don't know why she decided to start saying things they way they should be pronounced, but I'm already missing those little quirks in her language. Of course she still has words like "cha-loc-it" for "chocolate" that I love, but the toddler language will slowly disapear sooner or later and that does make me kinda sad. I have to say that I do enjoy seeing her grow, she loves doing the hand motions for songs like "I'm A Little Teapot", "Popcorn Popping", "Do As I'm Doing", "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and any other movement song. It's so fun to have little conversations about what she did that day or having her tell me what she did in her nursery class at church. I've enjoyed every stage so far, she is only 2 years old, but I've learned that little ones will only do things for short periods of time and then they're gone, but only to be replaced by something else just as cute :)

Ryan and Skylee making pizza for Family Home Evening this week
Sneaking pepperoni

3 comments:

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

She is so adorable! Just think you have a little guy on his way who will do all those toddler things too, only he will have his own style! You are such a cute little mom Brittney!

Sophia said...

She really does seem to be growing so fast! I love the pizza home evening. Brent loves to make pizza so I will for sure be stealing that idea when our little person gets a little older.

Ashley Dudley said...

I can't believe how lucky you got to have such a cute kid!