Monday, March 16, 2009

3 More Weeks!

That's all folks! Just 3 weeks from today I'll be in the hospital, in pain no doubt...having a baby boy! I don't even care about the labor and delivery part at this point, just want to get it over with so pregnancy can be a memory :) I went to my weekly doctor appointment last Thursday and was checked to see if I'm making progress (dilated, effaced...) she said I was thinning out but not really even at 1cm dilated "essentially closed" is the phrase she used (you have to get to 10cm for delivery). I was hoping for a little better progress, but I do still have a few weeks to improve! I know these next weeks will fly by, I have so much to do not even baby related to keep my mind occupied. Ryan will be having corrective eye surgery sometime between the 19th and 30th, my sister Laura will be coming to help on the 31st, and I was just called as the "Enrichment Night Leader" in my ward and the biggest activity of the year is in two weeks...that isn't planned and I don't have a committee!  As much as I want this little karate kid out of me, he has to wait until Laura gets here, Enrichment Night is done, and Ryan is healed and can actually see him! Just hoping the stress of everything doesn't PUT me into labor!!! 21 days and counting down!

9 comments:

Kayla said...

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that I still want to see some baby belly pictures! :)

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

Wow your plate is really full.....you really won't even have time to think about the fact that you are going to have a baby very soon! I am getting this book from my sister who is Enrichment councelor at the end of the month. I will pass it on to you via your mom....it has some great ideas!

Shauna said...

Hey Brittney! I dont know if you remember me...Im ronnie's little sister. I just wanted to tell you congrats on your little boy and that Skylee is SOOO adorable! You have such a lovely family! Good luck with all that is coming up in the near future!

Sophia said...

I second the first comment and want belly pics! Although I know I will probably feel frumpy and fat when I am in my 9th month....
I want to see.
Hope all goes well!!!

Josh and Britt said...

Wow you are a busy woman about to have your second Baby!! I know that you will do great! Skylee is just the sweetest little thing! Boys are so fun too. I do agree with the others about the belly pictures..we need to see them! Good luck with everything and keep being positive!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness I can't beleive you have 23 more days! thats crazy. I saw your mom when I was in Cali. She always comes and says hi to me...she is so great! It makes me miss you when I see her though! To be honest I don't know when we will be in cali. next. Probably not until Thanksgiving! I wish we were going to be there in June! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you and the new little one. Maybe we'll have to make a special trip out to GA. Josh's two sisters live in LaGrange. How far away is that from you?

Ashley&Nathan Speaker said...

Lucky!! I feel like i have forever to go!!! I bet your so excited.. I have been feeling a lot better this week.. and today was the first day that i have actually had a meal and not felf sick afterwards. It was awesome :) I hope everything goes good in the next couple weeks, and i cant wait to see the little guy!! :)

Steve and Jennette said...

I fully support your desire not to post belly pics. My friends (and husband) keep asking for them too. I don't love anyone that much! This belly will not be documented! It will dissapear with faded memories and not be called upon through visiual reminders. As if it never occured. :)

Laynie said...

I was just called as Enrichment Leader too...I have no idea what I'm doing!! I found a really good website that has ideas for activities it's www.sugardoodle.net. I hope everything is going good and good luck with the baby!