Friday, October 16, 2009

Seriously so easy and YUMMY!

Don't let this picture scare you :P

You've got to try this recipe. I found it here at Skip To My Lou and knew I had to give it a try and I'm so glad I did! Ryan LOVED it and I thought it was pretty tasty too :) The recipe calls for kosher salt , I didn't have any so I just tried using regular salt. Don't do that, it's better left without the salt if you don't have the kosher. Believe me...I usually salt everything, but this doesn't need it!

Roll out Pillsbury pizza dough to a rectangle. Top with favorite toppings (mozzarella, pepperoni, spinach). Tightly roll like a long cylinder, keeping the filling inside. Tuck in ends. Coat with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Place cylinder, seam side down, on baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 12 – 14 minutes. Let rest. Slice on the diagonal and serve with pizza sauce on side.

Easy right? RIGHT!

3 comments:

Steve and Jennette said...

Mmmmmm.... totally gonna try that!

The georgia peach said...

looks and sounds really good. may have to try it.

The Osborne Family said...

I do the same thing with bread dough (you can buy the frozen loaves and thaw) and put ham & cheese, or turkey, mushrooms, olives, and broccoli, or whatever other sandwich stuff you like.