Monday, October 5, 2009

A few Fall crafts

I was so excited to get my Autumn decorations out this year, ready for a change and looking forward to this holiday season! I went looking in my attic and all I found were a couple cheap items from Halloween last year that I put up, and realized that I had NO DECORATIONS! It gave me a really good excuse to find some simple (and cheap) crafts to liven up my home!

This is twigs with glittery leafs hung with clear thread. I put it in a vase I already had

Didn't really make this little pumpkin basket but got it for a couple dollars on sale and Sklyee and I collected the pine cones on a walk one evening
This is just a styrofoam ball with silk flowers. I ran out of flowers to make the entire ball ( you need a lot!) so I just put it in a bowl (I know, kinda ghetto :)

Don't laugh at my salt dough pumpkin, it looks smashed :(
it was my first attempt and it wouldn't really stay in a ball!

and this little creation was because I had nowhere else to put this little birdie, I know...kinda strange.
Since these little things around my house, I've purchased a medium size pumpkin (from Wal Mart for $4, probably would cost $20 at a patch), and we've hung some window clings up. This week I'll be making a Fall wreath and whatever else I have time for :)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Very creative! I especially like the twigs with glitter leaves.