Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Weekend

I thought I'd post a few pictures...it's been a while. Nothing too exciting, but an update none the less. We had a nice Valentines Day last weekend, even though the rainy weather spoiled my plans :( We stayed at home instead, and still felt just as much love. When we woke up, I gave Skylee and Ryan their Valentines gifts from me and we ate breakfast. Then Skylee and I made Valentines Day pink cupcakes and I made an extra special cake just for Ryan and I in a heart-shaped pan. We planned on going to the park for a picnic that afternoon after Skylee's nap, but the rain just wouldn't go away, and Ryan had to go to a church meeting at 5:00...who planned that one? Men? Anyways, once he got home I had a nice dinner made family time. The night before we actually went out on a REAL date, hired a babysitter and all! That hadn't happened for a YEAR! We did the typical dinner and movie thing and saw "Taken", I really didn't know what it was about, but Ryan wanted to see it. It was actually pretty good, I enjoyed it.  Skylee had a runny nose all Valentines Day and by about 10pm she had woken up and wasn't feeling so well.  I made up a little bed in my room to keep an eye on her all night and after some medicine and a little midnight snack she went back to bed.  We had our stake conference on Sunday and I could tell she wasn't doing well, she wasn't being loud at church...she was actually sitting on our laps, putting her head on our chest and wanted to be held! She never ran a fever, her poor little body was just fighting some kind of bug off. She's doing much better now though. Unfortunately, she gave a little bit of that to me. I thought moms were supposed to be immune?  Thought I'd just give a quick little update and share a few pictures. 

I found Skylee in her room playing like this...without underwear!

My Valentines flowers from Ryan
(Ryan got the single white rose for Skylee)

Ryan and Skylee opening their Valentines from me
(Ryan would kill me if he saw I posted this...hehe)

All ready for our anniversary dinner date


Skylee helping decorate for V-day

3 comments:

Kathryn Skaggs said...

Sounds like a wonderful Valentine's Day. Love the pictures. Skylee is growing up so fast:-)
Love,
Nana

Troy & Allison said...

So FUN! Sounds like your Valentine's Day was good - even though the rain got in the way. You are getting so close to having two kids in the home - are you ready?!

Steve and Jennette said...

Her hair is getting so long! It's been a while since I've checked your blog. So cute! I can't wait to see her again! Oh yeah, and you too :)