Thursday, February 12, 2009

Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary

Ryan and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary yesterday! I wanted to do something nice,but simple, so while he was at work I wrote on post-it notes memories, special dates in our relationship, compliments, I love yous, reasons why I love him, and anything else that I could think of that reminded me of him and plastered them all around the house. I ordered his gift online last week and was hoping it would make it here, but it never came in time :( He has lost a couple of wedding bands since he has to remove it everytime he goes out on the boat, and for the past couple months he's been walking around like a single man! So...naturally, I got him a new one! When he got home from work, I had lunch made (yes, he gets home early) he saw all the notes posted all over the house, a card and a box of chocolates. I tried to get someone to watch Skylee so we could go out by ourselves for dinner, but it was mutual night at church (all the young women were taken) and I procrastinated with my other options...so we took her out with us. It wasn't the most romantic anniversary date with our little jabber-mouth along, but we did enjoy our evening. While we were at dinner, he pulled out a little box with a beautiful ring inside! The ring he got for me has three pink gemstones, set in white gold, and it looks great next to my wedding rings! Even though it was our 3rd, it was the 1st we've been together for! Having a wedding anniversary so close to Valentines Day does make it a little interesting...they are kinda the same reason for celebrating, and I'm only so creative! I really consider myself very blessed to have a good marriage, even 3 years in, so many marriages don't last even that long many times these days. Ryan is a great husband and father, and I can't wait for other adventures and memories we'll share in the future!

2 comments:

Sophia said...

Congrats you two I can't believe it's been 3 years!! Skylee is soo funny. I couldn't stop laughing.

Kathryn Skaggs said...

I'm so happy, that you are happy!
Love,
Mom