Thursday, December 4, 2008

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"


We finally got our Christmas decorations up around the house. Now it feels and looks like Christmas. I've missed the joy and fun of decorating our home for Christmas since Skylee was a newborn 2 years ago. Last year we were in the thick of moving, so we didn't get to put up anything, it makes this year that much more enjoyable! Skylee "gets it" this year. She's been having so much fun with the holidays, always wanting me to sing "Jingle Bells" or "Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer" and she loves the old classic movie "Rudolph the red-nose reindeer". Since we had no decorations in stock, Skylee and I had a fun day of shopping for all of them earlier in the day. When Ryan got home from work we went to the tree farm and picked out the perfect tree. Ryan thought I was totally crazy when I was frantically gathering up all the tree trimmings off the ground at the tree farm...but I had ideas! I remember one year my mom went to the tree farms and got their tree trimmings for free, wrapped them in lights, and made beautiful real garland. I gave it a try and now Ryan appreciates it! Besides looking great, it adds the smells of Christmas to our home! I still have to add the ribbon on the tree, but here's a look at our creation! Merry Christmas!








3 comments:

The Osborne Family said...

Your Skylee has an AMAZING smile! Our Christopher is a month younger than Skylee. I love how they are finally understanding Christmas and getting so excited about it. SO fun!

Troy & Allison said...

I know exactly what you mean about being able to decorate for Christmas...its our first day in our house - and as soon as I had a spot for our tree, I asked Troy to put it up! We are finally in our home and it feels so good!! My pregnancy is going well - just under four weeks left! I can't believe she is almost here!! Have you picked out boy names? And are you going to share? I have really loved keeping it a secret - it does make it easier (except the constant asking of what her name is) and its fun to have something just between you and your hubby that everyone else wants to know. :) Hope your pregnancy is going better for you - have you noticed a difference with carrying a boy over a girl? Merry Christmas!!

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

You guys are so cute! What a beautiful family! Thanks for dropping by and saying hello! Things are going great for us here. We are loving life. I hope things are going well for you as well!! Hopefully i'll get to run into one of these days! Love you and miss you! Merry Christmas!