Wednesday, December 31, 2008

100 Days To Go!!!

Hip Hip Hooray! Only 100 days left of this pregnancy thing, well until the due date of April 10th that is...I'm planning on being induced a little sooner, but there's no need to get technical here. Anyone that knows me, knows that I hate being pregnant. Don't get me wrong here...it's a nice time to prepare and bond and all that lovely stuff, but I'd prefer to have a stork drop a baby at my front door than endure this 40 weeks of sickness and discomfort! As I head into the last trimester of this pregnancy I know it's only going to get worse before it gets better (holding the baby) and then reality hits: no sleep, constant changing of diapers, trying to wash out exploder poo from clothes, nursing at least every couple hours...oh nursing (that's a whole other thing!), and this time around doing it all with a two year old! I hope I'm not coming off too pessimistic...I really can't wait for this new bundle of joy to come, and that's exactly it. I just want him NOW! My sister Jennette is due 5 days before me with her 4th baby, and we've said it to eachother many times that it's not that we can't handle another kid, it's just the pregnancy that we could skip on!

The only thing that I'm kinda freaking out about is what I'm going to do without my Mommy here the first week or so. When Skylee was born my mom flew up to Oregon where we had just moved to help out. She has done this with all her grandchilren, no matter where in the world they may be, but this is the one time where it's just not possible. Jennette will have her baby in TX probably 5-7 days before me, so my mom will be out there for much needed help, as she should be! If it were my first baby, no big deal...(well, I take that back, I needed all the help I could get) but what do I do with Skylee? What if the baby comes sooner than my induction and Ryan's out at sea? I guess all these fears will work themselves out, and maybe I'll be able to plan as the time gets even closer!

On a lighter note...the kids are going to share a room, so I've tried to look for bedding and other decor that I like for both girls and boys, but still making it girly enough for Skylee and boyish enought for the little guy. I looked forever and couldn't find anything that I really liked, so I figured I would just make it myself. Bedding can't be that hard right? Well, today I was looking on ebay for a couple random things and found this great bedding that I love, and to make it all better, it's a great price! I'm so excited now! It's the little things in life right?

4 comments:

Steve and Jennette said...

Yes, it seems that we must say goodbye to our relatively comfortable 2nd trimester. Hello to the last trimester with all the water retention, rib kicking and exhaustion that comes with it. Is it too early to be induced :)

Kathryn Skaggs said...

Fear not Brittney. "We" will figure things out and make sure you have all the help that you need when our little guy makes his entrance into this world.

Love you,
Mom

Troy & Allison said...

I was feeling similar when it got closer to having our daughter. I was wondering how I was going to be able to handle a new baby with a toddler and would Troy be around when I went into labor, how and where would we send Kai when it was baby-time?!!! I promise that it all works out. We ended up taking Kai to the hospital and had someone pick him up from there. It all works out - when you're in the moment, it seems like it all falls into place. And I know you can handle the little guy and Skylee, no problem! Have you decided on a name for him? Good luck in your last trimester - BODY PILLOW!! It saved me! :) Happy New Year!!

Mindy said...

Hey you have my cell phone number right? If not make sure I give it to you on Sunday. I'd be glad to help out with Skylee or however I can.