Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holiday Baking!

I don't know if it's pregnancy, the season of Christmas goodies, or just being myself...but I've been baking A LOT! I love sweets, and I enjoy baking much more than cooking. The staple in our home is chocolate chip cookies, which I usually bake at least once a week (it's so bad, I know) but being the season that it just so happens to be, I've been a little more adventurous. Ryan requested Russian Tea Cakes,http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Russian-Tea-Cakes-I/Detail.aspx which I had never made before. I was a little nervous, but I found a good recipe...they are like the easiest things to make, and tasted just like I always remembered. Tonight I made "Magic Cookie Bars",http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Magic-Cookie-Bars-from-EAGLE-BRAND/Detail.aspx?prop31=1 again...very easy and SO good! Once these bars are polished off I'm already planning on making "blondies", or "snicker-doodles"? There is so much I look forward to baking. Whenever I see something sweet, I want to make it and lately I have. My OB/GYN should be proud of my weight gain this month!

3 comments:

Sundquist Family said...

I just love that she's wearing raindeer antlers!

Unknown said...

i love it. so cute!!!! Looks looks so yummy...Don't you just love using xmas as an excuse to bake cookies every day! I love it!!!

Unknown said...

p.s. hows the baby bump?!