Sunday, November 30, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKYLEE


My little girl is all grown up...well at least 2 years grown up! Skylee had a birthday on November 29th, so we took her to the zoo. We had a birthday party for her in California with all our family, but we thought she would enjoy a day out of the house where we could have fun celebrating her! We got to the zoo around 10:30am and noticed right away we might have a problem...there were police cars surrounding the entrance and the gates were closed :( We could hear the officer at the gate announce that a bobcat had gotten loose and the zoo was temporarily closed! My first thought "This kind of stuff always seems to happen to us...like the pumpkin patch hunt last month!" We were pretty bummed but thought maybe we could find something in Jacksonville to do for the day. We drove around aimlessly for 30 mins and headed back home feeling a little defeated. As I approached to zoo exit I thought "hey, who knows? Maybe it's open again???" We drove back with success! They had opened the gates and we just had to wait 10 mins, for the okay. Even with the initial set back, we had a great day. Skylee loved the elephants especially. She got to brush baby goats, play on the play equipment, eat a snow cone, ride the train, and most of all see all the animals she loves! When we got back home I still hadn't done my shopping for her birthday...give me a break, we were gone the previous days! I had to hurry and get her presents, make the cake, dinner, wrap and then get our festivites here at home going! She didn't get to bed until 9:00pm! I'm so sad since the brand new batteries that we bought didn't work! I didn't get to take pictures of her blowing out candles, opening presents, eating her cake or playing with her new toys! I got some of the action on my video camera, but for posting sake...I've got nothin! Ryan and I got her the new "Tinkerbell" movie, pink (girly) building blocks, and Sleeping Beauty pretend make-up. She knew exactly what to do with her make-up and had fun making Ryan and I beautiful all night!

I thank my Father in Heaven for sending me the little angel that Sklee is. Now I understand when mothers say "my children are my life!" Skylee (and Ryan) is my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Skylee is the sweetest, funniest, smartest, and most loving little person, and I am so blessed to be her mother. Thank you Skylee for teaching me so much in these 2 short years of your precious life, Happy Birthday Skylee-bug I love you!


3 comments:

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

I love Skylee-bug too! She is an amazing, brilliant, happy little girl. She brings joy to our life even though she is far away. Happy Birthday Skylee!!!

Steve and Jennette said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to spend a day together as a family to celebrate Skylee's birthday! My girls asked why we did not go to the zoo with you. Maybe next time!

Unknown said...

So cutie! Happy late Birthday Skylee bug! I'm so sorry things have been crazy and we didn't call.We love you guys and are glad all is well.