Thursday, August 13, 2009

Two kids are crazier than one...

It seems like life with one kid wasn't so crazy or busy. Maybe I just don't remember what life was like with just Skylee, or without Parker? I can't keep our lives straight without a calendar these days! Everyday we start by going to the gym, it's the one thing I do for myself each day, without the kids, I highly recommend it (didn't really feel I needed a break with just one, but two...I'll take it!) Monday's and Wednesday's Skylee gets to go to preschool for a couple hours. I started a preschool group with a few other friends that switch off at each others home's, it's working out really well! This last week it was my turn so for the next couple weeks I get a bit of a break ;) Thursday's are Story Time at our library, Friday is grocery shopping day, and then we usually try to do something fun on the weekend when Ryan is home...well, that's IF he's home! In between it's trying to fit in a shower, feeding the kids, working on my calling at church, other random errands. Heaven knows that I don't only make one trip to the store a week! Cleaning up the house and doing the laundry are my activities while the kids take a nap, then dinner prep, eat and clean up, baths and bedtime routines. By the end of the day I'm exhausted, not to mention Parker still wants to eat every 3 hours at night! I can only imagine what it will be like with more children SOME day...waaaaaay far away!
I remember my Mom always saying that as she looked back on the years that she had lots of small children, she really enjoyed that time in her life. As tired as I am most days, I really love what I do. May sound kinda strange, but I feel more like an official mother with two kids now. The craziness has begun :)
Last night Ryan was away for work and I had already put Skylee and Parker down for bed, I went into my room and Parker was wide awake @ 9:30pm and just wanted to talk. So I pulled him in bed with me and we stayed up for a while just playing. It just made me reflect on what a special thing it is to be a mother. I am so blessed, I have two healthy, happy, beautiful children and a great husband with a job I shouldn't ever complain about (shhhhh, sometimes I do!) So although this season in my life is nowhere close to being complete, I like my mother really enjoy it. I know these years will go by so fast, I feel it everyday.

4 comments:

Sophia said...

I love your reflection. I think this is something I will need to remember.

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

You're such a good little Mom! You are very organized and it is so good that you are in the habit of going to the gym every morning.....don't ever stop doing that!

Troy & Allison said...

I know exactly what you mean - being a mom is SUCH a reward in itself...and then the kids do cute things and it makes it that much better!! So cute when Skylee calmed Parker for you...Kai does some pretty sweet things for Reese and it makes my heart melt! Your babies are ADORABLE!!!!

Kathryn Skaggs said...

And, you blog! You rock, Brittney. As your mom, I look to you with admiration. It's not selfish to put yourself at the top of your day -- because everyone else will benefit. I'm thrilled that you are finding such fulfillment, in the greatest and most important "job" on the planet!

Love,
Mom