Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My latest project... Skylee's Quiet Book!

Last Sunday was Stake Conference at our church and that means, 2 HOURS with 2 KIDS ALL BY MYSELF, trying to keep them quiet and happy, AND for me get something out of it? HA! It was a disaster. Anyhow, this is when I realized I needed something like this...(shown below). When I got home from church I started looking for inspiration so I could make one myself for Skylee. I found some great ideas, and this is what I've made so far. I'm not at all finished, by any means, but I thought I'd share what I have so far. I know that now I'll have to make one for each of my kids ;) I already have great ideas for Parker's! Hopefully this will help break up the monotony of the usual crayons, snacks, and books while we're in a meeting, those aren't very exciting to her anymore. I constantly hear "What can I do now?"...ugh! Here is my solution!

Tic-Tac-Toe page: (bejewled) pretty self explanatory, with a little pocket to store the pieces for safe keeping. Sorry the pic is kinda messed up.


Dress Up Closet: just for fun.

Flower pot: flowers come off to practice learning how to button and unbutton ;)
Purse: just for fun, mirror, lipstick and beaded necklaces inside.
Hair page: To play with, comb, braid, and tie. The little shirt/pocket holds hair ties/clips
Bead page: Practice counting and learn patterns.

Doesn't look like much YET, but hopefully when it's all done you'll be amazed ;) Skylee at least thinks it's pretty special, and that's all that matters...so there! lol

Other pages to come:
- Peek-a-boo
-Puzzles
-Gumball matching
-Shoe (for tying laces)
-Oven with cupcakes to bake!
-Shapes

7 comments:

Kathryn Skaggs said...

This is SOOOOO cute! That is truly a labor of love. I can't wait to see it when it's all put together... and even better yet, play with it - myself!
Love,
Mom

Jamie said...

how darling! i love it!

Unknown said...

i totally had one of these when I was little! AW the memories!

Mindy said...

Good job! It looks like a lot of fun for Skylee. I also like your artwork in their bedroom.

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

It looks GREAT Britt! I made a flannel one for Easter-- but it isn't nearly as cool as yours!

Jennette said...

Adorable! You've got the cutest ideas! Can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Brit. I love you. Thank you for my thoughtful bday wish. you are a special friend to me. truly. xoxoxo