Sunday, August 30, 2009

Today:

Well, let's back up just a little bit... Last night after bath time I put Skylee's hair in curlers for the first time and this is the result:




Here is my sweet little boy after church. Happy as can be :)
I gave a dreaded talk today in sacrament meeting on President Hinckley's 6 Be's.

1.Be Grateful
2.Be Smart
3.Be Clean
4.Be True
5.Be Humble
6.Be Prayerful

It went pretty well, got lots of good feedback, but who would tell me otherwise? haha... I'm just so happy it's OVER!!! Safe for a while now :) I'll challenge you the same as my ward: Look up the 3 other "Be's" and do a Family Home Evening lesson tomorrow!

7.Be Positive
8.Be Involved
9.Be Still

From "Way To Be" by President Gordon B. Hinckley, he added these be's in the book...check them out!
Although it was a message for the youth at the time it was given, it can apply to all of us, to BE better! For FHE, teach how it applies to your family =)

4 comments:

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

very cute hair! LaRee can tell you horror stories of when I did that to her when she was older! Hahaha!
I'm sure your talk was fantastic....that is a great subject and like you said something all of us can work on!

Kathryn Skaggs said...

I'm confident that you did great. I love the curly hair on Skylee. She looks so grown up!

Jamie said...

her hair looks too cute! and so glad your talk is over, hehe. i always dread the whole week before because all i do is stress about it. i'm sure yo did great! i am getting nervous that it's going to be my turn soon because we are in a new ward!

Shauna said...

Your kids are so dang cute! And Skylee is a crackup! Im sure she always keeps you on your toes. I think I will do that challenge for FHE...thats a great idea!