Saturday, July 9, 2011

"Parker-man"


My baby is growing up. I really notice it on days he starts talking more like a kid than a toddler. While I'm so proud that he is learning and developing like he should, it makes me sad that my baby isn't really a baby anymore (relatively). Just this week he has started to pronunciate the "r" sound in some words, almost over pronunciates them, which is kinda funny. "CaRs" and "ShoRts" are my personal favorites :) He's also changed from saying things like "whas dat!?" to "Mom, what is dat!?" (of course in his sweet little voice). "I no wanna" to "I don't like it". He has been putting some great sentences together, which still catch me off guard that it's coming from him. I often wonder if I could just stop them from growing, would I ever get sick of them at that age and be ready to let them grow a little more before freezing their age again?! Random thought, I know... I feel so blessed to have such great kids, special little people that bring joy to my life and help me to fulfill my most important purpose in life. Being a mother is such a blessing.

1 comment:

Kathryn Skaggs said...

Yes, Parker is growing up. He sounded so mature on the phone the other day. At first, I thought it was Skylee! Oh so sweet:)