Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Girl

Monday was a lazy around our house, it was my clean up after Sunday, day. I heard Skylee "playing" upstairs, when she came down she told me she was upstairs making my bed and insisted I come up to see. Sure enough she had, and it was pretty darn good! Then she told me she cleaned her room, and Parker's! She did a really good job on each of those too. I could tell she really wanted/needed some positive affirmation, and she deserved it all. Later that day while I was cleaning up after dinner, I heard huge thuds coming down our wooden stairs. Soon after the sound stopped Skylee showed up in the kitchen doorway where I was in her skirt, somewhat matching shirt and a pair of my heels. She was begging for me to find something that she could do to help. Skylee is usually pretty good about helping to pick up her toys and doing small things, but this day was totally out of the ordinary. I was sweeping and that's where I was going to end for the day. Skylee decided that the floor needed to be mopped and started mopping all by herself. She would crack me up when Parker would be running around the house and if he came by a wet spot, she would warn him and tell him to turn around. She's such a sweet little girl. I'm hoping next time she gets in one of those moods, I can have more that needs to be done :)

2 comments:

Great Basin Cowgirl said...

What a neat memory for you to document about your little one! Sounds like she has a great example for a mother!

Kathryn Skaggs said...

How sweet! She is such a kind little girl. We miss her everyday:)

Love,
Nana