Friday, January 9, 2009

The New Do

Ok, so I did it...and I feel like I lost 10 lbs! I'm not sure how many inches were actually cut off, but there was a TON of hair on the floor! This is the first day, so I don't have the styling down, this is mainly just blow-dried and that's it. On a typical day that's probably all I'll have the time and energy to do though! I feel so weird just posting a picture of myself on here, in fact I hate it, but since I've been bugged so much, here you go! Only so many people can see this of me on my blog, theres no way I'm posting it on facebook! I like it, it's just really strange seeing myself like this, and for some reason I feel like it looks better in person, but maybe the camera doesn't lie?
Ryan was out at sea for a few days when I decided to get it cut. He knew I wanted to get it done, but didn't expect it while he was away. I picked him up from work this afternoon, and he was shocked, be he says he likes it a lot (I guess a smart man would say that right?). Skylee wants her hair cut now too! The lady that cut it for me, Stephanie, was really good; took her time and says that if there are any adjustments I want, that she'll happily do them for me. I'm thinking to get the bangs shorter (Aarean's suggestion :) but other than that I'm happy. It only took me like 5 mins to blow dry my hair this morning, not the usual 10-15 mins, so already I like the improvements!

16 comments:

Mindy said...

It's definitely a change and will take you some time to get used to. I think it looks really cute though!

Kathryn Skaggs said...

I love it. I agree.... cut that bangs a bit more/ on the slant.

And hide every pair of scissors in the house! Skylee WILL find them and have her haircut, too! LOL

Love you,
MOM

P.S. When have you ever liked a picture of yourself? HEHE

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

I think it looks fantastic. And isn't it soooo easy!? I think you look great-- it is still young and fresh.

Tera said...

So cute!!! Your hair is absolutely beautiful any way you have it.

The Osborne Family said...

VERY, very cute!!!! I like it!

Shaye said...

i LOVE it!! I think it looks great on you and I think the shorter slant bang would be way cute too. Good decision! Though I did love your long hair too! :)

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

You look beautiful! I think its fun that you did while Ryan was away.....he came home to a new woman! Take your mom's advice and hide the scissors! Rachel cut her hair off at 3 years old after seeing Mulan!

Steve and Jennette said...

CUTE!!!!! It looks great on you but I'm pretty sure you could pull anything off. And thanx for posting a pic, we were all in agonizing suspense! I love it!

Kristin said...

Oh wow! I LOVE it! And I agree with your mom 100%. Hayley got to the scissors and cut it so bad that she had a mullet and it took forever to grow out. I look back and wish I just would've shaved her head. Haha

Kayla said...

I love it!! Looks sassy :)

Troy & Allison said...

I LOVE IT!! It looks fresh and healthy - not that it didn't before...but I think it looks great!!

Unknown said...

love it. really i do...its weird to see you with short hair?!?!? haha you have always had long...but i like it a lot!

Brooke Wilkins said...

I love it! I think that it looks sooo so good!

Sophia said...

Love it Brittney!! Seriously, It looks so good. Its a great length too. It was so liberating cutting my hair this summer and 10 times easier to do.

Ashley said...

I love it!! It looks really cute!

intrastructure said...

I think it looks gorgeous. You look so refined and stunning.