Monday, January 14, 2008

Our Story...


Almost 6 years ago, Ryan and I met at a church youth conference when he asked me to dance. We started dating then and continued to on and off until he left on his mission to Sau Paulo, Brazil in July 2003. We wrote each other weekly for those 2 years, and when he got back I made sure to be around. He got back in July 2005 and we were engaged that same November. The day he proposed to me, he picked me up at 5:00am and blind-folded me, and took me to the church building where he had asked for that first dance. After a sweet few moments there, he put the blind-fold back on and took me to a hot air balloon ride over the Temecula Wine Country. We had a breakfast picnic and the went up to Idywild later that afternoon and had dinner up there where we saw each other for the first time the same day of the dance. It was getting dark and he finally go the courage to ask if I would marry him as we walked back to the car. I obviously said yes! We got married on February 11,2006 and had our reception a month later in March. On April Fool's Day we found out that we were expecting a baby! Ryan joined the Coast Guard and left for boot camp in August, leaving me behind 6 1/2 months pregnant. When he graduated in October, we were stationed up in Coos Bay, OR. Four weeks after our move, Skylee Jane Allen was born on November 29,2006. I had a difficult pregnancy with her, but my delivery was easy, if there is such a thing. We lived in Oregon for about 7 months until we got transferred to Rohnert Park, CA where Ryan went to school. He studied to be an ET (Electronics Technician) for the Coast Guard. He graduated in December, moved up in rank and we just got re-stationed in Kingsland, GA. Ryan works at the Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base, and enjoys his work, as it is a very unique one being in the Coast Guard. Skylee is our pride and joy. She has recently started walking and learning how to do all kinds of things. I work from home as a Personal Wellness Coach, and Independent Distributor for Herbalife. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends to support us.

1 comment:

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

I am so happy you have a blog! It is such a great/easy way to keep in touch! Now I can look at Skylee whenever I want! Love you guys!