Thursday, May 27, 2010

A busy and exciting week!

We've been keeping real busy around here, and been having so much fun. Good things happening in our family lately!From the previous post I mentioned that I was going to put Parker back in physical therapy for the extra nudge. He's been going for 3 weeks (once a week) and has made some great progress! Last Friday, got him to crawl to me. Of course I was so excited that I wanted to show Ryan when got home...well, you know how it goes, he made a liar out of me and refused to do it again :) Tuesday he had another physical therapy appt and did so well at his crawling skills that he was willing to show Ryan. We were so proud. He doesn't like doing it at all, but the fact that he can is great. Parker has been able to take steps for quite a while now, and cruise along furniture, but yesterday, he decided to take the leap and let go. Off he went walking on his own!!! I was cleaning up after a sewing project and he just walked on by! I was totally shocked, but so happy. Now the little punk doesn't even want to hold my hand. From crawling to walking in 5 days, go Baby P!In other exciting news, Ryan made second class in the military. For all you non-military folks out there ( pretty much everyone) that just means that he moved up a rank from petty officer 3rd to petty officer 2nd class. He's been eligible for 2 years, and we've have been waiting that long to advance. Needless to say, we are really relieved the time has finally come! I got to go into his work this morning (a rare treat) and switched the pins on his uniform that symbolizes his rank. This also means a pay increase, a very welcomed one at that! :)
Fantastic family picture >>>insert sarcasm here<<<

As for Skylee and I, we're just excited that the boys are progressing in they're lives...almost catching up with us ;) Skylee will be starting swimming lessons soon, and is still in preschool. My craft blog is doing well, I've had fun making new friends, getting a little recognition from the pros and getting great feedback. We've been enjoying spending time at the pool and days at the beach. One thing I'll never complain about with being in the Coast Guard...always being close to water :)
We've booked a trip out to Las Vegas/Lake Mead and California in July. We'll be gone for 3 weeks, and the most exciting part is that Ryan will be with us the whole trip! Usually he only can come for a fraction of the time, leaving me with flying back alone with the kiddos...this time, he'll have to endure it with me! Haha!
*I'm working on getting some recent videos uploaded, they just take for-ev-er!

We really feel very blessed that life is treating us so well. Thanks everyone for all your words of support, and love shown toward our family :)

5 comments:

Sophia said...

I'm so jealous... I'll probably never live close to the beach:(

Kathryn Skaggs said...

Life sure can change fast! I guess our job is to just keep up with it all the best we can. Such a great week. Can't wait to see you all here in California:)

Jamie said...

exciting news about ryan and parker! and i'm so excited for you guys (about your vacation)! what a treat that you'll have your hubby with you the whole time.

Holli said...

I am in love with that blue tie you have on Parker in the first picture...where did you get it???

Also Congrats Ryan!

Can't wait for July!!!

Jennette said...

I enjoyed reading this. You guys sure deserve these good times. Miss you!