Monday, February 8, 2010

A Little Love in the Air











If I had the money, I'd go crazy with decoarating my house for each holiday. My goal now, is to just get a few things each year, then that dream will become a reality over time. Today I finally got around to putting up a couple Valentines decorations up around my house!


Need a easy/inexpensive idea to show some love?


Here's a good idea for your Valentine this year: (I'm doing it for Ryan, but it could be for kids, parents, or anyone else you LOVE, just adjust it accordingly;)


1. Buy some candies (preferably v-day, but not neccessary)

2. Have a jar or other container they can keep their candies in (I'm using that mailbox on the table, got it from Target for $1)

3. Leave a note that explains how to play this little game:

4. The idea is to hide, put out, or give out candies throughout the days leading up to v-day. Your valentine will have to save up the treats and keep them in their container. The candies will later act as money (so to speak) and they can "spend" the money how they'd like. This way your valentine can recieve what HE/SHE would like, instead of you having to come up with something and hope they like it :)

Example:

10 Hershey Kisses= 15 minute massage

15 Hershey Kisses= Breakfast in bed, made by me

8 Hershey Kisses= Homemade Chocolate Chip cookies


You get the idea, I haven't made my list yet, so if you've got some good ideas send them my way!


I just gave Ryan his mailbox, with a rhyme inside explaining the objective and gave him 6 kisses to start!
Love ya! Happy Valentines Day :)

1 comment:

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Love it, love it, love it, Britt! The house is soooo cute!