Sunday, June 21, 2009

To the 2 Men I love the MOST...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

My Dad with Seth, my nephew

For those of you that know my dad, even a little, you know he is an amazing person, father, and basketball player :) I have always looked up to my dad, he is a great example to me and a wonderful Papa to all his grandchildren. He has always been so good about expressing his love for me and I hope to be as good of a parent as he is to me, to my own children. My dad doesn't try to be funny, but he just is. I have never heard anything bad said about my dad, only great things. When people find out I'm his daughter, I can tell they think more of me, just because he's my dad. As someone once told Ryan before he married me "She comes from good stock" (who says that?) lol...but it's true, I have great parents! Growing up my Dad always took time out of his schedule to do things with me. On warm summer nights we would get blankets and go lay out on the trampoline in our backyard, look at the stars, find constellations, and he would sing to Alton and I, and tell us stories.

Thank you Dad for teaching me the gospel, and more importantly, being an example. I have learned so much from you and I couldn't be more proud to say I'm your daughter. I love you with all my heart :)


Ryan and Skylee
When I started dating Ryan I would daydream about how he would be as a father. Now those daydreams have come true. Ryan is a great dad. When Ryan comes home from work, Skylee runs up to him and greets him with lots of energy, hugs and kisses. When he leaves, she'll ask me "Where'd my best friend Daddy go?" I think it's so sweet and an example of just how much his kids love him. He is the BEST story teller and book-reader at bedtime! He is so funny, a great helper, and wants the very best for his babies. These past few months with Parker in our lives, he is such a proud Daddy, he loves that little boy so much! I can see it now, Ryan taking Parker outside teaching him sports and being rough with him! A father's dream! He is so good with Parker and always so willing to help me with both kids.

Ryan, you are a such a great dad. Our kids are so blessed to have you as their father and I'm so blessed to have you as my companion in raising them! I love seeing you play and bond with our kids! I look forward to the many years ahead seeing you grow as a father! I love you!

2 comments:

Kathryn Skaggs said...

A beautiful tribute to dad, and Ryan. Both, wonderful fathers!
Love,
Mom

Steve and Jennette said...

You're absolutely right! We are so blessed to have Dad. The bar has been set high because we've had parents who have given us so much to build on. And tell Ryan I wish him a happy Father's Day, it's so sweet to see him with your kids :)